The Executive Editor has overall responsibility for editorial issues relating to the management and development of Incisive Media brands - online, in person and print. They are responsible for preserving and building Incisive Media’s reputation for market leading news, commentary and stats for the interactive marketing and advertising industry. This is an important strategic role and the Executive Editor will be judged not just on the content of our properties but also on their input to the development of the business as a whole – including ideas to maximize commercial opportunities, implement editorial efficiencies and develop or acquire new properties.
- Responsible for the content on all sites and sections, ensuring the coverage fits the editorial mission thematically, as well as meeting quality and quantity requirements.
- Manage a geographically dispersed editorial and production staff (New York, Hong Kong and London).
- Ensure submissions and contributing bylined articles are carefully edited, polished
- Help conceive of and execute new editorial products, site features, and brand extensions.
- Recruit and retain contributors, constantly reassessing content and frequency of columns.
- Work with editors and copy staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of all published material.
- Conceive of, plan, and secure top-level speakers for Incisive Media-branded events throughout the year. Able to speak/moderate at webinars and live events (as well as authoritatively represent Incisive Media at third-party events, panels, interviews, etc.)
- Interface with production, sales and marketing staff to help promote site, shows, and personnel.
- Help determine development, goals, growth benchmarks, and training for staff.
- Participate in and travel to industry events and conferences, including our own.
- Write a weekly column; report and write news stories as needed/when available
- Attend industry functions; meet with ad technology companies and ad agency executives
- Work with web development to ensure we are constantly activating our audience.
- Ensure we are using our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin,…) smartly.
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices in publishing, including changes in libel laws
- Assist copy editor in editing and coding columns, cropping and uploading images
- Ensure that articles are delivered in a timely manner and against sponsorship requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree at minimum.
Expertise in and deep knowledge of all aspects of interactive marketing and advertising. Knowledge of industry trends, executives, and companies, both major and up-and-coming. Proven track record of creating a quality online editorial product and managing staff, both internally and externally. Impeccable and extensive industry contacts. Experience as a public speaker and seminar host, published writer, and authoritative source for outside journalists. Ability to really multitask, and to faithfully adhere to multiple deadlines for numerous projects.
We are looking for someone who is upbeat, energetic and sociable. Others need not apply.
In little more than a decade, Incisive Media has grown from the launch publisher of a single B2B financial magazine to a global business media company with a portfolio that is the envy of its peers. Whether communicating in print, in person or online, Incisive Media prides itself on its entrepreneurial culture, creating market-leading products for the industries we serve.
As you would expect from a leading specialist business information provider, we place a high value on our employees and are striving to be an employer of choice. In doing so we offer highly attractive rewards packages, an environment where performance is recognised and rewarded, jobs and careers are fostered and people are respected to ensure we attract and retain the calibre of people that we need for our rapidly expanding business.
LINK TO APPLY